- The Nobel Prize awarded by The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Stockholm, Sweden.
List of Nobel Prize 2020 winners:
Physiology or Medicine:
- Harvey J. Alter(America), Charles M. Rice (America) and Michael Houghton (Britain) for the discovery of the Hepatitis C virus.
- Roger Penrose for the discovery that black hole formation is a robust prediction of the general theory of relativity.
- Reinhard Genzel and Andrea Ghez for the discovery of a supermassive compact object at the centre of our galaxy.
- Emmanuelle Charpentier and Jennifer A. Doudna “for the development of a method for genome editing”.
- Louise Glück “for her unmistakable poetic voice that with austere beauty makes individual existence universal”.