- Odisha state put forward their Annual Action Plan before the National Committee supervised by Secretary, Drinking Water & Sanitation, Ministry of Jal Shakti for consideration and permission for 2020-21. Govt of India sanctioned Rs 812 Crores for implementation of the Mission in the State for the financial year.
- Meghalaya on 1st June put forward the Annual Action Plan to accomplish 100% household tap connections by December 2022 to National Jal Jeevan Mission, Ministry of Jal Shakti for permission.
- Shri Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India on 31st May urged one and all to participate in the “My Life – My Yoga”(also called “Jeevan Yoga”) Video Blogging Contest, a mutual effort by the Ministry of AYUSH and the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), through the course of his monthly Mann Ki Baat address to the nation.
Gujarat to be the first state to complete the migration of workers to their native state by Shramik Special trains
- According to sources, Gujrat is the first and the only state which had run more than 1,000 shramik special trains for sending 15 lakh 18 thousand migrant workers to their native state.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet on 29th May confirmed the selection of Arun Singhal as chief executive officer of India’s apex food regulator Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI).
- Lieutenant General Manoj Pande will be appointed as the 15th Commander-in-Chief of the Andaman and Nicobar Command (CINCAN) on 1st June, the Defence Ministry said.
- The ministry of finance selected PR Jaishankar as the managing director of the India Infrastructure Finance Company Ltd (IIFCL) for three years.
- Jaishankar worked as the executive director of the National Housing Bank earlier to this.
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) has managed its advisory committee on service providers and it would now be led by Manipal Global Education Services Chairman T V Mohandas Pai.
- World Milk Day is commemorated on June 1 in order to admire the dairy sector and recognize the significance of milk as a global food.
- Theme 2020: “20th Anniversary of World Milk Day”
- Global Day of Parents is a yearly event that is commemorated on June 1 to admire all the parents around the world for being the support of their families and selflessly nurturing and protecting their children.
- Theme 2020: “Appreciate all parents throughout the world”