- Four Journalists have been named as the recipients of the 2020 International Press Freedom Awards by the Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ), a New York-based non-profit organisation to promote press freedom and defend the rights of journalists.
- All these four journalists have faced arrests or criminal prosecution for their reporting.
- The 30th edition of the annual International Press Freedom Award will be presented to the winners on November 19, 2020 to honor journalists or their publications around the world who show courage in defending press freedom despite facing attacks, threats, or imprisonment.
2020 International Press Freedom Awards Winners
- Shahidul Alam from Bangladesh,
- Mohammad Mosaed from Iran,
- Dapo Olorunyomi from Nigeria and
- Svetlana Prokopyeva from Russia.
- Apart from this, Human rights lawyer Amal Clooney has been honoured with the Gwen Ifill Press Freedom Award.