PM Modi inaugurated 750 MW Madhya Pradesh Solar Project

solar panels
  • Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the nation the 750 MW Solar Project set up at Rewa, Madhya Pradesh on 9th July 2020.
  • The Project comprises of three solar generating units of 250 MW each located on a 500-hectare plot of land situated inside a solar park (total area 1500 hectare).The Rewa Solar Project was the first solar project in the country to break the grid parity barrier. This project will reduce carbon emission equivalent to approx. 15 lakh ton of CO2 per year.
  • The entire cost of the Solar Power Project is worth around Rs 4000 crore.
  • 24 percent of the power generated by the Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Plant will be supplied to Delhi Metro while the remaining 76 percent of energy will be supplied to the state DISCOMs of Madhya Pradesh.
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on telegram